Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My kinda guy...

Wearing frocks may be considered another kind of stereotyping of its own kind but at least Rob Moodie is trying to make a difference and raise some questions and awareness.

Now, how are we going to make progress on the problem of age??? I like being invisible most of the time and am not fearful of opening my mouth if I think my view will not be offered up in the course of a debate. BUT, getting any action from other younger participants once they see that the voice comes from a person who refuses to dye their hair is quite another matter!

2 comments:

bluefluff said...

That must be frustrating. I've not personally encountered ageism, but then again I'm not often in a position to put forward suggestions for younger participants to act on. Or if I am, it's mostly online where my absence of hair dye isn't immediately apparent! I don't work with young people much, & my own kids' friends are quite happy to humour me as they know I swear & listen to Rammstein.

methel said...

actually Bluefluff I was thinking of younger ones as in the '30 somethings' that tend to make up employment interview panels... as you say, teens are much easier, they may think they know everything but they haven't lost their interest in experimenting with life yet, the older ones have had intimations of their own mortality and are much more rigidly hanging on to their own world view and determined to make the world their own - the pragmatism of middle/old age has not yet arrived.