Saturday, July 29, 2006

"Another week older...

... and deeper in debt", as the song goes - and it's probably true though that is not what has overly concerned me this week. On the international stage more children than terrorists are dead in the Middle East while we are told a ceasefire will do no good until it comes with a lasting peace - which certainly isn't going to come along fast if there are steady deliveries of warheads arriving via Prestwick Airport.

Meanwhile in the 53rd state all semblance of a caring society vanished again as individual needs met the nanny state where commonsense is deemed subversive, and led to yet another elderly couple being torn apart until the press stepped in - do not adjust your set, reality IS at fault, as the saying goes.

Save me Lord from connecting these two stories with the thought of what I might do to the nanny state if I could just get my hands on those arms - so to speak.

No comments: