Monday, May 29, 2006

1984 again...

Seems like I underestimated the number of CCTV cameras watching me - or, rather, failed to understand just what big business spying is these days. Sorry, I mean I failed to understand how important spying is in big business...either way I may have to rethink the usefulness of online shopping that in the name of convenience saves your purchase lists for reuse later - seems my convenience is only of interest if it means I will give more of my business to the same online shops next time around.

Most scary of all though is to think that in some places my employers could insist that I be 'implanted' with a small glass bubble containing a transmitter in order that they can track me and tell me what to do. There really is no hiding place.

2 comments:

bluefluff said...

You've been even quieter than me. I hope all is well?

methel said...

All is well thanks - biggest problem is lack of time :-) In a nutshell last Monday I was still in Gaborone but since then I have done Johannesburg, London, Milton Keynes and York and tomorrow it's sunny Stansted en route for Tallin and Tartu and all points Estonian!! LOTS to blog about but not sure how to manage it ;-) Back soon if the Estonians live up to their reputation as one of the worlds most wired nations...